There are so many things I could be writing about today but wanted to pause for a moment and share this unique home interior. For some reason, during the summer months I dream of a house with white floors, while linens, and a white kitchen. [ Perhaps I need a beach house!] I love how this designer has used white as the foundation to showcase her lovely handmade scarves and blankets. The blend of weathered objects mixed in with modern furnishings and accents gives this home a unique feel that is quite charming. I can imagine sitting in the ghost chairs at breakfast or snuggling into the linen bedding at the end of the day.
P, there are so many things I love about this house!
1. The mix between weathered and contemporary - vintage & new
2. Eclectic mix of artwork, rugs and pillows add color to the neutral backdrop
3. Painted white floors with smooth white walls
4. Light filled rooms – nice when you can get it!
5. Love the minimalistic feel - I've something to learn from this house in that regard ;)
M, I also love the pops of color in this white space like the yellow couch with the turquoise zigzag lamp as well as the scale of the handmade objects in this home. How unexpected and fun! Remember several years ago when we traveled to Maison d' Object–the international home decor show together and saw furniture, and rugs which were created with over sized knitting needles? I should try to dig up some of those photos to show at a later date.
P, Lets go to that show again next year! Paris here we come!