We love accessorizing with the right handbag, whether a Minaudiére (pronounced mēnōdˈyer) or a clutch, this often overlooked accessory can pack a large WOW factor and spice up even the most simple LBD. With the holidays upon us we thought it was a great time to pull out a few of our favorites to show you and also share some new lovelies we are adding to our own wish lists this year.
Thankfully, when shopping for the perfect small handbag there are NO RULES as to color, size or style. Yet we have noticed that many women seem to plan ahead on their dresses and shoes for events during the holidays only to choose a daytime purse or basic clutch that does nothing more than house their lipstick, drivers license and CC's. Big NO-NO! We would like to shake it up a bit this year and propose that the small evening handbag you take to your next cocktail or dinner party is so special and creative that it MAKES THE OUTFIT and everyone is dying to know where you got it!
If you are considering a new Minaudiére or clutch this season we suggest looking for options that include:
1. Materials that are uniquely constructed: One of our favorites by Wendy Stevens– Here and Here
2. Reinvented materials: Love these
3. Bold, graphic prints that are modern and timeless: Love this one, and this one
4. Bling baby! Here
5. Artist Made: Here
5. Wild Card: makes you smile when you hold it and stands out in a crowd! Here and Here
6. The Evil Eye: is everywhere including Here
7. Bonus points: if you find one that is sassy enough to go from day to night to day! Here and Here
8. Ever-So-Pricey DIY: But oh-so-fun! Here
9. Sculptural Minaudiére Here
10. Frilly & Fancy: Here
Over the holidays we will work to step-it-up ourselves and will revisit this discussion later. Send us a photo of you holding one of your favorite small handbags and we will post it after the holidays with our end of year wrap-up!